COVID-19 PrecautionsPlease read about our COVID-19 update and precautions here.
Being a public health professional myself, Holistic Family Doulas takes the pandemic very seriously and have put in place precautions to protect the families we serve. We keep up to date with the latest science and follow the Center for Disease Control’s Guidelines issued by the CDC for pregnant people and the American Academy of American College of Obstetrics & Gynecologists (ACOG)’s COVID-19 safety guidelines and practice advisory (last updated Sept 2020). We are also very aware of the additional stress to families and have written a blog about navigating the postpartum period during a pandemic.
Here are the precautions we are taking:
In Our Daily Lives
We take measures to protect ourselves from the virus including:
- Mask wearing at indoor venues and outdoors when within six feet of others
- Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Frequent use of hands sanitizers that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- limiting social interactions and avoiding large gathering
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Staying home when we are sick
With Our Clients
- More frequent zoom meetings (consults and parts of prenatal)
- Virtual services for postpartum and birth support are available
- Wearing masks
- Removing our shoes at the entrance of your home when visiting or starting a postpartum shift.
- Wash hands as soon as entering home or birth space and frequent hand washing as needed
- Bleaching and disinfecting surfaces
- High heat (rebozo) and bleach and cleaning for any tools used
- Taking a less client load to reduce exposure
- Ensure several layers of back up doulas are in place
Doulas will add the extra precaution of going through a checklist of potential symptoms and exposure and taking their temperature before attending each birth and postpartum shift. We will also have open communication about each family’s needs to feel safe.
Your health and safety is a priority to Holistic Family Doulas. Please reach out with any questions.
Our Gift to You
Affirmations for Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum. Feel better with our curated collection of affirmations to help ease pain, calm stress, and promote wellness. Every once in a while, you’ll also receive helpful insight and information to help you along your motherhood journey.