4 Common Pregnancy Complaints and Holistic Solutions
4 Common Pregnancy Complaints
and Holistic Solutions
We have put together some holistic solutions to some of the most common pregnancy concerns.
Nausea – For some, nausea never comes, and for others, it can last through the entire pregnancy. However, for most, nausea typically comes mid-way through the first trimester and continues until the beginning or middle of the 2nd trimester.
- Ginger – be it tea, a ginger chew, or a cookie, consuming ginger has helped many with pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting.
- Peppermint – Drinking peppermint tea, eating peppermint candy, or even smelling peppermint through a diffuser can be helpful. *Peppermint can adversely impact breastfeeding relationships once the baby is born, however, using during pregnancy is not typically harmful
- Eating small but frequent meals with protein, like yogurt, nuts, or chocolate milk.
- Acupuncture – Nausea is one reason of many that having a relationship with an acupuncturist through pregnancy can be helpful.
- Regular stretching in the morning and evening, such as yoga
- Staying hydrated
- Taking deep breaths throughout the day to help expel any build up of lactic acid
- Increase potassium consumption such as bananas, sweet potatoes, or spinach
- Begin receiving regular prenatal massage
- Get plenty of rest
- Diet rich in fiber
- Staying hydrated
- Chiropractic care for alignment support
- Regular exercises, such as pregnancy yoga or walking
- Toilet Stool
- Finding ways to reduce stress
- Establishing a relationship with a physical therapist with training in pelvic floor health
- Consider Yoga courses with a focus on pelvic floor
- Breathing and full relaxation when using the restroom to allow for your bladder to be emptied entirely
- Schedule and take frequent bathroom breaks
Classes & Prenatal Care
We love our clients to be well-informed about birth. We can provide you with education, rituals, and services that will help get you ready for birth, including henna belly art, a Mommy~moon, singing bowl meditation and Reiki.
Our doulas have been trained in comfort techniques for labor that include massage, aromatherapy, position suggestions and other tools that can make labor shorter, improve breastfeeding, bonding, and give a greater satisfaction of childbirth.
Picture this. Your freezer stocked, a delicious hot meal and an herbal tea steeping next to you, and your baby wrapped and snuggling nicely on your breast. Our menu of postpartum doula offerings can make this daydream a reality.