Girdles, Spanx, support hose, corsets – mixed feelings come with all of these garments marketed to women but used by many, to lift, shape, and mold one’s body to be more aesthetically pleasing. Belly binding, while it sounds more like a torture device from the 17th century, has nothing to do with aesthetics, and everything to do …
BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
With Holistic Family Doulas, you have the unique privilege of having the birth you desire supported in every way - any combination of physical, mental and emotional support.
We offer both traditional and deluxe birth doula packages that can be customized to meet your needs by adding any of our additional holistic services for birth and postpartum. Every birth doula package includes a complimentary initial consultation. Once hired, we offer one-two prenatal visits packed with education and practical hands-on techniques. When you start labor, the primary doula will meet you in the comfort of your home until you are ready to go to hospital or birth center and will be with you until you meet your baby. We stay for 1 to 2 hours after the birth to make sure you and baby are settled. We will follow up with you within a week to check on you and your family.
TRADITIONAL BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE
This is our most frequently purchased package and is ideal for families that have a built-in support network for after the baby is born. Our birth doula package includes:
- Continuous support from the time you hire us though the postpartum period
- One-two prenatal visits to get to know your family, discuss any fears, hopes, and desires surrounding your birth
- You will have the opportunity to talk or meet the back up doula. We work as a team to ensure that your birth experience is comfortable.
- Practice comfort techniques that can be used during pregnancy and birth
- Help prepare you for the birth of your child by practicing body opening and conditioning positions
- Guide you with information and options that are available to you to develop a birth plan
- Reiki, fear and affirmation exercises, guided meditations
- Access to a lending library of books and Hypnobabies CDs
- After birth, we will help foster your connection with the baby by providing breastfeeding support and holding space for the special bonding that happens.
- One postpartum follow-up visit to honor and recap the birth of your baby, support your healing and breastfeeding and answer any questions
- Optional: A guided family connection meditation, blessing or prayer that will help solidify the events that took place and moving forward into postpartum healing journey.
- 10-15% discount on other added services, including herbal products
- Price- $900-$1150 (dependent on travel distance)
DELUXE BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE WITH POSTPARTUM SUPPORT
Our deluxe birth doula package includes all the services found in the Traditional Doula Package plus postpartum doula hours to ease your transition as a new family. Most families who choose this option find 24 hours of postpartum support to be ideal, at a total cost of $1650 for our birth care doula + postpartum doula package.
BUILD YOUR OWN DOULA PACKAGE
In addition to the traditional or deluxe birth and postpartum doula packages offered above, any amount of postpartum doula hours or other pregnancy and postpartum doulas services can be added. Explore our website for services like childbirth education, Reiki and singing bowl sessions, a mommy~moon, belly binding, henna art and more. The more services added; the larger the discount.
- We have experience with all types of births: Cesarean births, inductions, VBAC, VBA2C, home births, natural and medicated hospital births, birth at PCC, the birth center in Berwyn, twin births, births conceived with fertility treatments, surrogate births, water births and hypno-births
Checks/PayPal/Credit Card accepted. Payment plans available. Sliding scale available